There’s no better feeling than starting the week with a pantry that’s full of healthy meal options. You’ll no doubt feel like one proud mama. It makes it easy to whip up a make-ahead breakfast for those unavoidable busy mornings. Talking of make-ahead breakfasts, you’ll agree they can be life-savers sometimes. That’s why we’ll be showing you how to make overnight oats with yogurt.
This Overnight Oats recipe is a nutritional blockbuster. It’s full of protein, calcium and fibre and will make sure you have a full tummy all morning long.
What’s great about it? You’re not cooking anything. You only need 6 ingredients to make this meal. All it takes is 5 minutes and you’re done. Plus, it’s highly customizable and can even be made dairy-free.
How To Make Overnight Oats With Yogurt: A Healthy Recipe
Overnight Oats With Yogurt
- 1/2 cup toasted oats
- 1 cup milk of choice This can be optional if you favour non-dairy oats.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup yogurt This can be optional if you favour non-dairy oats.
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Toppings of choice
- Combine wet ingredients such as the yogurt, milk, maple syrup.
- Add the dry ingredients such as the toasted oats and the chia seeds.
- Make sure to stir everything really well so that the ingredients are evenly distributed in the cups.
- Pour the mixture into container and store in the refrigerator overnight
- Enjoy at breakfast!
The sky is the limit with what you can serve in your overnight oats. Overnight oats with yogurt keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Just be sure that the ingredients you use do not expire before you eat them.
For example, if you make this recipe with milk that expires in 4 days, make sure to eat the overnight oats within those four days.
You can also try this delicious frozen yogurt bark recipe that’s both healthy and delicious.
Also, our banana muffin recipe is a delicious option for a healthy breakfast.
Enjoy a quick, healthy breakfast of Banana Strawberry Oatmeal Smoothies and you’ll love this delicious Homemade Granola Parfait.
According to food blogger Laura of JoyFoodSunshine, you can easily make this recipe into dairy-free overnight oats! Here’s how:
- Substitute your favourite dairy-free yogurt for the Greek yogurt
- Replace milk with your favourite non-dairy milk. She recommends coconut milk or almond milk.
Don’t forget to let us know how it went when you try any one of our recipes. We love hearing from you. Let’s continue the conversation on Instagram.
Have an amazing weekend!